ETF.com.pl is an independent, professional website about exchange-traded funds (ETFs), other exchange-traded products (ETPs) (including exchange traded notes (ETNs) and exchange-traded commodities (ETCs)), index funds, and financial indices (this is the only website in Polish). It provides information, analysis and knowledge about different types of passively managed exchange-traded investment vehicles. It focuses mainly on the Polish financial market providing current information, comments and in-depth studies concerning ETFs listed on the Warsaw Stock Exchange (WSE). Besides, it provides comprehensive information about:
- global indexing market, including recent trends in ETFs and ETPs markets,
- selected new ETFs, ETNs and ETCs listed mainly on European exchanges (including CEE and SEE exchanges), and US exchanges,
- costs of investment funds (actively and passively managed),
- most important financial indices, index providers and index industry,
- closet indexing.
We focus on education Polish investors on the benefits, disadvantages, complexities and other important issues associated with ETFs, ETPs and index funds investing.
About Tomasz Miziołek
ETF.com.pl website was founded in 2009 by Tomasz Miziołek, Ph.D., who has more than 25 years of experience in the analysis of the investment fund market mainly in Poland, but also in Europe and globally. He is an associate professor at the University of Lodz – Faculty of Economics and Sociology, Department of Finance and International Investment. He is a member of the Supervisory Board of the Beta Securities Poland – provider of the first Polish ETFs. Additionally, he is a member of the Oversight Committee of the Capital Market Benchmarks in GPW Benchmark (administrator of the Polish capital market indices).
Tomasz Miziołek is an author of several books, including:
- “International Equity Exchange-Traded Funds. Navigating Global ETF Market Opportunities and Risks” (Palgrave Macmillan, 2020) (co-authored by Ewa Feder-Sempach and Adam Zaremba)
- “Passive investment portfolio management – index investment funds and exchange-traded funds (ETFs). Evaluation of the effectiveness of management on the example of emerging markets equity exchange-traded funds” (Wydawnictwo Uniwersytetu Łódzkiego, 2013) (in Polish)
Additionally, he is author or co-author of numerous research papers, including:
- “Nothing Lasts Forever (and Everywhere): Fundamental Indexation at the Global Level” published in Journal of Index Investing in 2017 (co-authored by Adam Zaremba) (https://www.pm-research.com/content/iijindinv/8/3/6),
- „How precisely European equity ETFs mirror their flagship benchmarks? Evidence from funds replicating performance of Euro Stoxx 50 Index” published in Journal of Asset Management in 2023 (co-authored by Ewa Feder-Sempach) (https://link.springer.com/article/10.1057/s41260-022-00287-9).
Tomasz Miziołek is also an author of several hundred press articles and commentaries about the market of collective investment institutions, especially investment funds and pension funds. He has participated in many academic conferences and financial industry seminars organized by the major Polish universities and major institutions of the Polish capital market. For over 25 years is a collaborator the Chamber of Fund and Asset Management (IZFA) – a non-governmental organization that brings together fund management companies operating in Poland.
He conducted training on ETFs organized by Foundation for Capital Market Education (organization set up by Warsaw Stock Exchange) and presented selected issues related to ETF at seminars for fund managers organized by Fidelity (2017) and Jane Street & DWS (2019).
Awards and nominations
In 2014, Tomasz Miziołek won the 3rd place, and in 2015 and 2017 (in the latter case, together with Ewa Feder-Sempach) he received distinctions in the competitions for the best research paper on the capital market accompanying the 3rd, 4th and 6th Capital Market Congress organized by the University of Warsaw and the KDPW (central securities depository).
In 2021, the book „International Equity Exchange-Traded Funds. Navigating Global ETF Market Opportunities and Risks” published in 2020 by Palgrave Macmillan, which he co-authored (together with Ewa Feder-Sempach and Adam Zaremba), has been nominated for the prestigious Beta Award 2021.
In 2023, Tomasz Miziołek was included in the list of 25 people prepared by the „Parkiet” editorial team who contributed most to the creation and development of the investment fund industry in Poland.
In 2023, website etf.com.pl was nominated for the „Passive Revolutionary 2023” award in the „Financial Portal” category as part of the „Passive Revolution” conference.